The University of Twente Scholarship (UTS) is a scholarship awarded to outstanding students from both EU/EEA and as well non-EU/EEA countries. The scholarship is for students that are applying for a graduate programme (Msc) at the University. This is article is prepared to give all the necessary information and application guidelines for the University of Twente Scholarship (UTS) for International Students.
University of Twente, Netherlands.
Level and field of study
The scholarship is available in all the Master’s programme offered at the University of Twente. The courses are listed below:
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Physics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Administration
- Business Information Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Management
- Communication Science
- Computer Science
- Construction Management and Engineering
- Educational Science and Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Embedded Systems
- Environmental and Energy Management
- European Studies
- Health Sciences
- Industrial Design Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Interaction Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society
- Public Administration
- Sustainable Energy Technology
- Systems and Control.
International students from both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries (visit the official website below for the list of eligible countries).
Duration of study
Scholarship value and inclusion
Selected applicants will receive about € 3,000 – € 22,000 for one year. While in the case of a two-year study programme, selected applicants are to receive an additional UTS of an amount equal to that in the first year.
For you to be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Get your admission letter first. This is because the University of Twente scholarship is awarded to excellent students coupled with the fact that the application for the scholarship is a procedure separate from application for course entry at the university.
- Have been offered admission into one of the qualifying UT Master programmes starting in the 2022/2023 academic year. You are to note that it takes 8 weeks after application before you receive your results.
- Have a student number.
- Belong to the best 5 to 10 percent of your class.
- Comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable).
- Comply with the general English Language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the sub-score of speaking skills.
- Not be eligible for a Dutch study loan.
- Have not graduated from any University of Twente graduate programme.
You may also apply for New Jersey Institute of Technology Merit Awards for International Students.
For you to be considered for the UTS, you adhere to the application instructions:
- The first thing you do is to apply for a Master’s programme. Once you applied for a Master’s programme and received a (conditional) admission letter,
- After receiving a conditional admission for your Master’s programme, you then apply for the scholarship with your student number.
- Ensure that you submit your application before the deadline.
- Application for Round 1 opens on 15 October 2021 while the deadline is 1 February 2022.
- Application for Round 1 opens on 1 February 2022 while the deadline is 1 May 2022.
Applicants are advised to visit the scholarship official website above for more information about the University of Twente Scholarship (UTS) for International Students.