Do you want to study in Canada? Do not worry, your prayer is answered. The University of British Columbia International Scholars Award is an opportunity you must not miss. The University of British Columbia (UBC) recognizes the academic achievement of outstanding students from around the world. To further encourage high standard academic records among students from allover the world, the University devotes over $30 million annually to awards, scholarships, and other forms of financial support for international undergraduate students.
University of British Columbia (UBC) in Canada.
Level and fields of study
All eligible undergraduate degree courses offered by the UBC.
International students from eligible countries.
Scholarship value and inclusions
The value of the award is usually proportional to every candidate’s financial need and as well enough to cover living expenses and tuition fees for any preferred degree course.
The UBC award is renewable for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to the degree completion. Therefore, your award may be renewed provided you achieve satisfactory academic standing in your faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain your Canadian study permit (student visa).
For you to be considered for this award, you must:
- Be an international student who will be studying in Canada with a Canadian study permit.
- Be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, or transferring from your first year at a post-secondary college or other university.
- Have graduated from high school no earlier than the month of June two years prior to the academic year you are applying to. For instance, applicants for 2022 must have graduated from high school no earlier than June 2020.
- Be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- Demonstrate superior academic achievement.
- Demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
- Meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
For you to apply for this award, you must be nominated by your school or any recognized non-profit organization, and submit a reference from an academic referee. Confirm that you are truly nominated by your school or the non-profit organization, and inform your nominator and academic referee that you would like to apply for this International Scholars award.
Applications for this award are to be submitted online. The application deadline is 1 December 2021. You must meet the UBC English Language Admission Requirement by 1 February 2022.
Visit the official website for more information about the University of British Columbia International Scholars Award: https://you.ubc.ca/financial-planning/scholarships-awards-international-students/