UNIL means University of Lausanne. The UNIL Master’s scholarships are excellence scholarships awarded exclusively to scholars who have graduated from foreign universities and whose academic results are of a very high standard. The UNIL Master’s Grants are offered on a competitive basis by the University of Lausanne in Switzerland to international students who wish to pursue a Master’s Degree at the University. Therefore, for you to be considered for the UNIL Master’s Grants for Foreign Students in Switzerland, you have to carefully read the application instructions.
The University of Lausanne, Switzerland is the host institution of the grant and about 10 international students are awarded the scholarships every year.
See also: Chevening UK International Scholarships
Level/Fields of Study
Courses under the following faculties are available for the scholarship:
- Faculty of Biology and Medicine
- Faculty of Law, Criminal Justice and Public Administration
- Faculty of Geosciences and Environment
- Faculty of Business and Economics
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Social and Political Sciences
- Faculty of Theology and Sciences of Religions
- Interfaculty Programmes
Scholarship Value and Duration
The scholarship lasts throughout the statutory period for the applied course. It costs about CHF1,600 monthly from 15 September to 15 July (10 months) for the complete duration of the Master’s (a year and 6 months or 2 years depending on the chosen Master’s), cases of definitive failure after the first year are exempted. Successful students for this scholarship will be exempted from the fixed registration fees for the courses and with the exception of the CHF80 fees to be paid every semester in the University.
You may also apply for: ETH Zurich Excellence Master’s Scholarship Opportunity
For you to be eligible for the UNIL Grants, you must:
- have obtained in excellent grade, a foreign university degree considered equivalent to a bachelor at UNIL before the beginning of the masters programme at UNIL.
- have distinguished yourself during your studies, especially through particularly brilliant academic results.
- have not been registered with UNIL in the past.
- have a language level of at least B2 (according to the European Language Portfolio global scale) in French or English according to the language in which your chosen Master’s is taught.
- have paid the CHF 200 administration fee.
Applicants are instructed not to make any application for the UNIL Master’s Degree via the Admissions Department of the University. Application forms and the accompanying documents are to be sent (unbound) by post to the University’s address.
Applications shall be made and submitted on or before 1 November being the deadline to begin a Master’s Degree during the following academic year. The postmark will attest to the date you sent your application in case it fails to get to the University on or before the deadline.
We advise that you read the UNIL Master’s Grants FAQs for important questions and answers on how to apply for the UNIL Master’s Grants.
Visit the Official Website to assess the application forms and know the documents to be attached: https://www.unil.ch/international/en/home/menuinst/etudiants-internationaux/etudiantes-internationaux-reguliers/bourses-master-de-lunil.html