Opportunities are here for Sub-Saharan African scholars who want to study in Netherlands. TU Delft | Global Initiative is offering four Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence Scholarships for a two-year MSc programme. The scholarships are given to talented, motivated and broadly interested students from Sub-Saharan African countries for their opportunity to study at the Delft University of Technology in Netherlands.
The aim of these scholarships is to support capacity building in the Global South and to further advance future leadership focusing on sustainable global development. It is worthy of note that the United Nation Sustainable Development Goals are the guiding principles upon which TU Delft operates.
You may also apply for University of Notre Dame Master of Global Affairs Scholarships in USA.
Delft University of Technology, Netherlands.
Level and field of study
All Master’s degree programmes offered at the Delft University of Technology, Netherlands.
All qualified nationals of Sub-Saharan African countries. The countries include: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South-Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Duration of study
Scholarship value and inclusion
Selected candidates will receive €25,000 per year. This includes:
- Full tuition fees for a TU Delft MSc programme based on the statutory fee or institutional rate, according to the registered nationality, and contribution for the living expenses.
- MSc thesis topic which relates to the Sustainable Development Goals and TU Delft | Global Initiative.
- Be a TU Delft ambassador for Sub-Saharan Africa.
For you to be considered for this scholarship, you must:
- Be admitted to one of the TU Delft’s 2-year MSc programs.
- Have a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 80% or higher of the scale maximum in your bachelor’s degree.
- Have a BSc degree from any accredited university in one of the above mentioned Sub-Saharan African countries.
For your application for this scholarship to be worthy of consideration, you must adhere to the following application instructions:
- You must first check if you’re eligible for this scholarship.
- Complete your MSc application (check the admission requirements for more information on this).
- Upload your Scholarship Application Form.
- Upload two reference letters in one PDF document. This should be according to indicated requirements.
- Upload your English language certificate.
- Ensure you submit your application before the deadline as no application will be considered if received after the deadline. Click here for application procedure.
12 December 2021.
Scholarship official website
Applicants are advised to visit the scholarship official website above for more information about the TU Delft Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence Scholarships in Netherlands.
University of Twente Scholarship (UTS) for International Students is another global scholarship in Netherlands.