Do you want to study in France? The Sciences Po Émile Boutmy Scholarship for Non-EU Students is a great opportunity for you. The Émile Boutmy scholarship was created by Sciences Po in 1871 and named after the founder of Sciences Po. It was established purposely to welcome the best international students from outside the European Union. The scholarship is awarded strictly on academic merit to outstanding whose profiles match the admissions requirements of the Sciences Po and individual courses.
This scholarship is sponsored with financial supports from benefactors, companies and foundations who wish to allow the most deserving international students to study at Sciences Po. The scholarship is majorly for candidates who are first time applicants and who have been admitted to an Undergraduate or Master’s programme offered at the University.
The Émile Boutmy scholarship is hosted by Sciences Po University, Paris, France.
Level and fields of study
Bachelors or Masters Programme offered at the University
Students who are nationals of non European Union countries.
Scholarship value and inclusions
The value and inclusions of Émile Boutmy scholarship are categorized into two – for Bachelors and Masters.
For the bachelors programmes, the scholarship takes the following forms:
- A tuition grant of €13,000 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme.
- A tuition grant of €8,800 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme.
- A tuition grant of €6,000 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme.
- A tuition grant of €3,600 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme.
For masters programmes, Émile Boutmy scholarship candidates receive a tuition grant of €12,200 per year which covers part of the tuition fees for the two years of the Master’s degree programme.
However, as a candidate of either of the categories, your scholarship will be automatically lost if:
- You do not validate your academic year.
- You have been granted a scholarship and you decide to defer your admission.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a first time applicants.
- A national of a non-European Union country.
- Be someone whose household does not file taxes within the European Union.
- Have been admitted to the Undergraduate or Master’s programme.
- Not have been earlier refused the Émile Boutmy scholarship.
The scholarship is awarded based on merit of academic excellence and according to the type of profile sought for this programme. Social criteria are also taken into account while reviewing the applications.
You may also like to apply for Orange Knowledge Programme Scholarships in Netherlands.
- Applicants from foreign secondary schools must indicate that they are applying to the Émile Boutmy scholarship in the “Financial information” section of their Sciences Po application.
- Applicants from French secondary schools must apply by contacting the Admission Office by email. The email shall contain the applicant’s CV with the following information:
- The country in which you are resident for tax purposes 1
- Total annual income (in euros) of the household from the year before last
- Number of financially dependent children in the household (including yourself)
- Number of your siblings currently pursuing higher education (if any).
In both cases, applicants might be asked for documents containing information about their families – income taxes, payslips, divorce certificate, unemployment benefits, documents related to alimony, child support or retirement pensions, death certificate etc.
For 2021-2022 academic year, the deadline for Master’s programmes is 30 November 2021 while the deadline for undergraduate programmes for students from foreign secondary schools is mid-February 2022 and the deadline for undergradute programmes for students from French secondary schools is mid-June 2022. See more of the application procedures for Undergraduate programmes and Graduate programmes.
No application request will be considered if received after the deadline.
Visit the Scholarship Official Website for more information on the Sciences Po Émile Boutmy Scholarship for Non-EU Students: https://www.sciencespo.fr/students/en/fees-funding/financial-aid/emile-boutmy-scholarship