Orji Uzor Kalu Foundation has announced a scholarship opportunity for about 650 medical students in Nigeria. This scholarship is strictly for students who have passion and interest in studying medicine. The Foundation is owned by Former Governor of Abia State and a serving Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Distinguished Senator Orji Uzor Kalu. The Orji Uzor Kalu Foundation Scholarships for Medical Students is another way proving the love the foundation has for education and health.
The strong interest the foundation has in education and health continues to show itself as the foundation had earlier announced the scholarship for 50 undergraduate students it is sponsoring in collaboration with Venezuela Embassy. The 50 undergraduates are to study medicine in Latinoamerican Medical School, Venezuela.
However, unlike the Venezuela scholarship program which the Orji Uzor foundation takes care of all funds including tuition fees, accommodation, feeding and monthly stipends, the foundation’s national scholarship does not include feeding. It only covers tuition fees , accommodation and stipends for the entire seven years of study. The scholarship fund will be deposited in the designated bank. This scholarship is open for 650 undergraduates.
The following universities are selected for the scholarship:
- Abia State University – 100 Students
- Rivers State University – 50 Students
- University of Calabar – 50 Students
- University of Nigeria Nsukka- 50 Students
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria – 50 Students
- University of Ibadan – 50 Students
- University of Maiduguri – 50 Students
- University of Jos – 50 students
- Imo State University – 50 Students
- Enugu State University – 50 students
- Anambra State University -50 Students
- Ebonyi State University – 50 Students
- The OUK Foundation shall pay the JAMB fees and Post-UME fees of all the selected candidates.
- Upon gaining admission into any of the selected universities, the foundation shall pay both the tuition and accommodation fees directly to the university while the stipends are to be paid to the students.
Applicants for the scholarship :
- Should be a citizen of Nigeria
- Should be an undergraduate who is willing to gain admission into the university to study medicine in the 2022/2023 academic year.
- Should have good grades in West African Examination Council (WAEC) or National Examinations Council (NECO). ‘A’ grades in Biology, physics and Chemistry is added advantage.
- Should take responsibility of gaining admission in any of the selected universities. The Foundation pays for the JAMB and POST-UME (if applies) and expects the student to send his admission letter to the Foundation when shortlisted by any of the universities. The Foundation shall not influence any of the admission processes .
- Should be of high academic quality as the Foundation promotes academic excellence and believes that students with ‘A’ grades in the three major science subjects will perform excellently in JAMB and finish up the entire seven years in the school of medicine.
- Should submit application before the deadline.
You may also like: Reach Oxford Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries
Documents to be submitted
Applicants are to submit the following documents:
- Photocopy of West African Examination Council(WAEC) or National Examination Council (NECO).
- A self introduction letter of not more than 200 words .
Application for the Orji Uzor Kalu Foundation Scholarships for Medical Students lies between 20 August 2021 and 20 September 2021.
Documents should be submitted online to: orjiuzorkalufoundation@
We advise you kindly visit the Scholarship Official Website for more information and application: https://orjiuzorkalufoundation.org/