The Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship programme is among top-ranking scholarship programmes in Netherlands. This programme offers 24 full scholarships valued at €29,000 (including tuition fee waiver and monthly stipend) annually. Selection of candidates for this scholarship is quite competitive and it is for highly talented international students of non European Union countries who have been admitted to a Master’s programme at the University of Maastricht (UM).
This scholarship programme is subdivided into: High Potential Scholarship and Holland Scholarship. While the High Potential Scholarship is funded by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund, the Holland Scholarship, is collectively funded by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science, Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences.
You may also like Oxford-Pershing Square Graduate Scholarships Programme.
Maastricht University, Netherlands.
Level and field of study
The following Master’s programmes are eligible for the 2022/2023 Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarships Programme:
- Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences
- Faculty of Science and Engineering
- School of Business and Economics
- Faculty of Psychology & Neuroscience
Number of scholarships
Duration of study
- 13 months for a one-year Master’s programme.
- 25 months for a two-year Master’s programme.
Scholarship value and insclusions
Selected candidates will receive:
- Living expenses of €12,350 (for 13 months programme) or €23,750 (for 25 months programme).
- Health & liability insurance of €700.
- Visa application costs of €192.
- Tuition fees of €13,800; €16,000 or €16,800 (depending on the tuition of your study programme).
- Pre-Academic Training costs.
For you to be eligible for this scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a national of a non-EU/EEA country. and
- You must meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and Netherlands residence permit.
- Ensure you do not hold double nationality from an EU/EEA country.
- You must have applied for admission to a full-time Master’s programme at Maastricht University for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- You must meet the specific admission requirements of the University of Maastricht Master’s programme to which you have applied.
- You must have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme, a primary education programme, or secondary education programme in the Netherlands.
- You are not above 35 years of age as at 1 September 2022.
- Your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence must demonstrate your excellent results in your previous education programmes.
Note that if several applicants are equally qualified, the scholarship management reserve the right to give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2022/2023 University of Maastricht scholarship programme applicants.
Application for this scholarship is taken in steps. For your application to be worthwhile, you must follow the three application steps provided in the scholarship official website. The steps are summarized below.
Register for a master’s programme via Studielink.nl.
Fill out the application form (the table is provided under step 2 in the application website).
Ask your referee to send a reference letter.
The application deadline is 1 February 2022. Do ensure that you submit your application before the deadline.
Scholarship official website
Trustnaija.com strongly advise that prospective applicants should visit the scholarship website provided above for their applications and more information about the Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarships Programme.
See other international scholarships.