The Toronto University was established in 1827 and it is the Canada’s largest university. The university is recognized as the global leader in research and teaching. The University of Toronto has distinguished faculty and institutional record of groundbreaking scholarship including wealth of innovative academic opportunities which attract excellent scholars and academics from other countries around the world.
The Toronto University Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship program is intended to encourage international scholars who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity with leadership potentials rightly displayed in their schools.Those who have had leadership and others humanitarian impacts in theirs schools and communities are given special recognition and treatment in this program with the view to harnessing those potential and channeling same towards improving the global community.
The Scholarship is hosted by the University of Toronto, Canada and it is for undergraduates. It is awarded to about 37 students each year. The scholarship is targeted at international students from countries around the world. International students studying in Canada High Schools also have the opportunity to apply for the program. The scholarship lasts for four years and it covers tuition fees, incidental fees, books and full residence support throughout the period of the study.
To be eligible for the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship, an applicant must:
- be an international student
- be currently in final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2021
- not already be in any post-secondary studies.
Applicants are advised to carefully read the application instructions before applying for the scholarship. The instructions include:
- You must receive a nomination from your school before applying for this scholarship. High schools that are not already contacted or verified are asked to submit an application for nomination rights available here.
- Ensure you complete and submit your application documents before the deadline.
- Ensure you complete your Lester B. Pearson Scholarship online application once you get notification that the university has received your nomination from your school.
The school nomination deadline is 30 November 2021 while the student admissions deadline is 15 December 2021. The scholarship application deadline is 17 January 2022 and any application after then shall not be considered.
We strongly advise that you visit the Scholarship Official Website for more information the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships at University of Toronto and application guidelines: https://future.utoronto.ca/pearson/about/#about