Among the top ranking scholarships in Netherlands is the The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship Programme (LExS). This scholarship is available in Leiden university and it is open to outstanding non-EEA and non-EFTA students who are enrolling in a full-time Master’s degree programme at the University. The scholarship is awarded annually.
Leiden University in The Netherlands.
Level and field of study
The scholarship is for all full-time Masters programmes offered at the Leiden University with the exception of LLM and MSc programmes at Leiden Law School. The following faculties are covered by the scholarship: Archaeology, Humanities, Medicine/LUMC, Governance and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Science, African Studies Centre, International Institute for Asian Studies
You may also apply for Nottingham Developing Solutions Masters Scholarships.
Nationals of Non-EEA and non-EFTA countries.
Scholarship value and inclusion
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship Programme (LExS) is not a full scholarship and selected applicants will receive any of the following three awards:
- € 10,000 of the tuition fee.
- € 15,000 of the tuition fee.
- Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee.
Due to the fact that this is not a full scholarship, non-EEA LExS beneficiaries are still required to submit ‘proof of sufficient funds’ for their student visa and residence permit application.
For you to be considered for this scholarship, you must:
- Have achieved excellent study results in your previous study programme which is relevant to the Master’s programme that you are applying. You must be among the top 10% graduates of that your previous programme.
- Have a non non-EEA and non-EFTA passport.
- Not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans unless you are applying for the LLM Advanced Studies programmes or the MSc in International Relations and Diplomacy, for which there are no nationality restrictions.
For your application for Leiden University Excellence Scholarship Programme to be considered, you must adhere to the scholarship application instructions. They are:
- Apply online for admissions into a Master’s programme at the university and pay the application fee if applicable.
- You must indicate clearly in your application that you would like to apply for the Leiden University Excellence Scholarship on the scholarship section.
- You must upload your letter of motivation for the scholarship in a PDF format as instructed in your online application. The letter must not be more than 500 words.
- Ensure you submit your application before the deadline as any application after that will not be considered.
- 1 February annually for programmes starting in September (exception – Advanced LLMs: 1 March)
- 1 October annually for programmes starting in February.
Scholarship official website
Trustnaija.com strongly advise that prospective applicants should visit the scholarship official website above for their applications and more information about the Leiden University Excellence Scholarship Programme.
See other scholarships in Netherlands: