Knight-Hennessy Scholarship is a scholarship program sponsored by the Knight-Hennessy Scholars at Stanford University, USA. The program is aimed at cultivating and supporting a highly-engaged, multidisciplinary and multicultural community of graduate students from across Stanford University. It also delivers a diverse collection of educational experiences, preparing graduates to address complex challenges facing the world at large.
You may also like: Excelsior Scholarship for Undergraduates
Due to the high interest the program has in quality leadership and societal development, courageous leaders with great academic potentials who are ethical, decisive, resilient, driven to achieve meaningful results, and motivated to inspire others to effect positive change at scale are the class of scholars engaged in this scholarship. The institution has been in need of collaboration with community members who are humble, empathetic, trustworthy, oriented to act in service of others, and deeply passionate about contributing to the greater good of the society.
The scholarship has no specific number of students admitted and it is for full-time Masters and PhD degrees in any of the subjects offered at the Stanford University.
Interestingly, this scholarship program has no restrictions on the basis of citizenship, age, field of study, career aspiration etc.It is available for applicants from all countries around the world.
Scholarship value and inclusions
Knight-Hennessy Scholars receive the following in each of the first 3 years of their graduate study:
- a stipend for living and academic expenses. These include room and board, local transportation, books, instructional materials, academic supplies, and other reasonable personal expenses.
- tuition and other associated fees.
- annual travel grants which are intended to cover economy-class tickets for one annual trip to and from Stanford.
- also (but not all the time) supplemental funds to support academic enrichment such as conference and/or excursion travels.
There are two major eligibility requirements for this scholarship and they are:
- in addition to applying to Knight-Hennessy Scholars, you must apply to, be accepted by, and enroll in a full-time Stanford graduate degree program. As an incoming Knight-Hennessy Scholar, you must be a newly enrolling student in a Stanford graduate program including, among others, MA, DMA, MPP, JD, MBA, MD, MS, MFA, or PhD programs. It settled that priority consideration will be given to those who will spend minimum of two years studying at Stanford University.
- as an applicant, you must have earned, in January 2015 or later, a U.S. Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized and standard college or university. To apply to join the cohort in 2022, you must have earned a Bachelor’s degree by January 2015 or later; while to apply to join the cohort in 2023, you must have earned a Bachelor’s degree by January 2016 or later. These requirements are fundamental and must be met with.
For your application to be considered, you must apply separately to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program and as well to your Stanford graduate degree program. Importantly, the program is 6 October 2021 and you must visit the Official Website of the program to confirm the deadline of your program’s application. Your program’s application deadline always come first before the general deadline.
We advise you visit the Official Scholarship Website for your application and more information about the Knight-Hennessy Scholarships at Stanford University: https://knight-hennessy.stanford.edu/