Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Foundation is here with an opportunity for you to study in Germany. The Foundation is sponsoring a scholarship program which is available to both German and international students who wish to undertake their Bachelors, Masters or PhD studies in German Universities or technical colleges in Germany. Read carefully and apply for your Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships in Germany.
The scholarship is for any subject in any of the designated institutions. Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Foundation is looking for individuals who are committed to enhancing socio-political goals in the larger society. The purpose of the scholarship is to assist young talented scholars who want to advance their personal development and be among the best in their various fields.
This scholarship is hosted by German universities and technical colleges. It covers numerous fields of study in Bachelors, Masters or PhD degrees. Click here for subjects that are exempted from this scholarship.
There is no specified number of scholarships awarded by the foundation and the scholarship is for both German students and students from other countries around the world. More considerations are given to students of poor financial background or those from families with a migration background.
Scholarship value and inclusions
Beneficiaries of Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships in Germany receive up to €744 monthly with monthly flat-rate study fee of €300 which all scholars can use freely. However, depending on the health and financial situation of an applicant, he may as well receive a contribution to health insurance of about €71 in addition to a long-term care insurance of about €15 monthly. Interestingly, there is a family allowance of €155 per month for scholars with children. All these fees are non-refundable.
- There is no citizenship discrimination for the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships as both German and foreign students are eligible.
- Applicants must be individuals who are committed to societal development. This could be through active participation in the student council, youth work, NGOs or even political organizations that are appropriate to the tenets of the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung.
- An applicant must possess sociopolitical engagement and identification with the values of social democracy. He is required to be of above-average performance in school and studies; self reflection; critical thinking; political thinking; tolerance and openness; thirst for knowledge and ability to work as a team.
- Applicant must not have been previously enrolled at a German university as such shall render him automatically disqualified.
Exclusively, applicants for basic Bachelors and Masters degree courses must:
- Have a confirmation of study place or certificate of enrollment at any state or state-recognized German university or technical college for the course for which they want to be funded for.
- If he is a foreign applicant, demonstrate sufficient German language skills both orally and written.
For PhD funding applicants, you must:
- have unconditional notification of admission to the doctoral scholarship.
- If you are a foreign applicant, demonstrate sufficient German language skills both in speaking and writing.
You may also like: University of Oxford Clarendon Fund Scholarships.
To successfully apply for this scholarship, you must fill up the online application form only. Thereafter, if you are eligible, the foundation will request additional documents from you through e-mail. The application deadline for Master’s degree scholarship for international students is 30 November 2021 for the Winter semester while 31 May 2022 is for Summer semester. Exceptionally, PhD scholars can apply at any time. Students of other categories are advised to the scholarship official website for their application deadlines. Applicants are instructed to apply on or before their respective deadlines as any application after then shall not be considered
You can visit the Scholarship Official Website for your application and more information: https://www.fes.de/studienfoerderung/bewerbung