Are you a woman with a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) courses and passionate about your study? If “Yes” is your answer, alright, let this be an eye opener. British Council International Scholarships for Women in STEM is here for you. You could receive a scholarship to study a master’s degree in a science, technology, engineering and mathematics programme at any of the leading universities in UK.
The British Council International Scholarships for Women in STEM is a programme aimed at increasing opportunities in STEM for girls and women. Research from the United Nations Education Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), revealed that fewer than 30 percent of researchers worldwide are women and only 30 percent of female students select STEM-related fields in higher education.
Another opportunity this may offer you is your participation in a new set of funding opportunities which will be opened up for women researchers in STEM to pursue Early Academic Fellowships (EAF). These will be for recent PhD graduates to undertake a research placement in the UK for up-to 12 months.
This scholarship will be hosted by UK universities. However, list of specific host universities will be released in the official (provided below) once UK university partners have been confirmed.
Levels and fields of study
Master’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) courses. Further programmes may subsequently be included for selected women researchers in STEM who are PhD graduates to pursue their Early Academic Fellowships.
Number of scholarships
The target group for this scholarship programme is subdivided into two:
- For both Master’s Scholarships and Early Academic Fellowships: Nationals of Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal. Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam.
- For Masters Scholarships only: Nationals of Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Egypt, Jamaica, Mexico, Peru, Turkey, Ukraine and Venezuela.
1 to 2 years.
Scholarship value and inclusions
British Council International Scholarships for Women in STEM is a fully funded scholarship. The exact worth and other inclusions will be published on the official website once UK university partners have been confirmed.
Eligibility requirements for British Council International Scholarships for Women in STEM
For you to be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be a citizen of any of the countries list in target group above
- be able to take up a course of study in the UK for the academic year from September/October 2022 – 2023
- demonstrate a need for financial support
- have attained the level of English proficiency required for postgraduate study and research at a UK university
- be active in your chosen field of study with work experience or a proven interest in your subject area
- be passionate about your course of study and willing to be engaged as a committed British Council scholarship alumnus.
Application procedure for this scholarship will be published on the official website once UK university partners have been confirmed. Interested scholars are advised to be visiting the official website to know when the important publications are made.
Register your details here to receive further information on the British Council International Scholarships for Women in STEM when they become available.
Scholarship official website