Durham University is never tired of assisting scholars to realize their life dreams. This, the University does even when you have completed your undergraduate therefrom. As a Durham University alumni, you can still be assisted by the University to further your study, be retrained, and other means of career advancement. The Alumni Fee Scholarship at Durham University for 2021-2022 is available only for students commencing their programme in 2021-22. While most postgraduate taught programmes last one-year (full-time) and students whose programme lasts two years will continue to receive the Scholarship in the second year of their programmes.
Durham University, England.
Level and field of study
All postgraduate taught Masters programmes across all faculties of Durham University – MA, MSc, LLM, PGCE and all MBA and other taught Masters programmes. The scholarship is for both full-time and part-time scholars.
Both national and international alumni of Durham University.
Scholarship value and inclusion
Benefits of successful applicants of the Alumni Fee Scholarship at Durham University for 2021-2022 vary according to levels and programmes. See the benefits below:
- Faculty of Arts and Humanities, all programmes and MSc Management and Marketing portfolio in the Business School get 20% discount from their tuition fees.
- Durham MBA/DBA programmes get 10% discount from their tuition fees.
- All other programmes in the faculties of Social Sciences and Health, Science and Business get 15% discount from their tuition fees.
For you to be eligible to apply for this scholarship, you must:
- Hold a first degree or higher degree from Durham University.
- Not hold only CHE/DHE or postgraduate/CPD credits.
- Be self-funding your study.
- If on a partial scholarship or bursary from another source, must have your self-funded fee contribution greater than the value of this Scholarship.
- Apply for a course that begins within the 2021-2022 academic year.
You may also like to apply for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS).
For your application to be considered, you must follow strictly the application instructions below:
- While on the online enrollment screen, at the question ‘Main sponsor contributing to Fee’, carefully select the drop-down option ‘Alumni Tuition Fee Discount’. It is the work of the financial officer to allocate the discount depending on which course/year of study you are applying.
- If you have already applied or that you have been offered a place on a postgraduate course before you become aware of the Scholarship, you can still apply for it. All you need to do is to send an email including your new (postgraduate) student ID number to email@example.com and they will consider your application. Your invoice will be amended to reflect the scholarship if you are eligible. Kindly mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for more clarification if you have earlier received a scholarship from the Business School for one of their Masters or MBA courses.
- Your scholarship application shall include a personal statement of maximum of 4,000 characters explaining:
- Your financial condition.
- How the scholarship would assist you to study at Durham University.
- Why you want to study at Durham University.
- Ensure you submit your application by the verified deadline.
Applicants are advised to visit the Scholarship Official Website for application and more information on the Alumni Fee Scholarship at Durham University for 2021-2022: https://www.durham.ac.uk/study/scholarships/alumni/
2022 International Scholarships at Durham University is another scholarship at Durham University.