AAUW is an acronym for American Association of University Women. The program is an International Fellowship and it has been in existence since 1917. It provides supports for women who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents for their full-time graduate or postdoctoral studies in USA. The AAUW International Fellowship for Women in USA is hosted by accredited U.S. institutions.
The Fellowship has no specific number of scholarships per year and it is targeted at women who are not United States citizens or permanent residents. Priority is given to women who are from underdeveloped or underrepresented countries and also show prior commitment to the advancement of women and girls through civic, community, or professional work in their various communities.
Scholarship value and inclusion
Successful applicants shall, according their levels receive:
- Master’s/Professional Fellowship: $18,000
- Doctorate Fellowship: $20,000
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: $30,000
For you to be eligible for this international Fellowship, you must:
- Be a citizen of a country other than U.S.A. Any woman who is currently, or expected to be a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or of dual citizen with the U.S. and another country is not eligible for this Fellowship.
- Intend to devote yourself full-time to the proposed academic plan throughout the period of the fellowship.
- Hold an academic degree that is equivalent to a U.S. Bachelor’s degree completed by 15 November 2021.
- Intend to return to your home country to pursue a professional career after the scholarship.
- If a Master’s/first professional degree or doctoral applicant, be enrolled in any U.S. accredited institution located in the U.S. during the fellowship year.
- If a Postdoctoral applicant, provide proof of your doctorate degree; hold a doctorate classified as a research degree such as Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., D.M. or M.F.A. by November 15 2021.
- Be proficient in English Language and confirm proficiency by submitting a valid Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score or other acceptable verification. Check the official website provided below for more eligibility criteria.
All applicants are to submit their applications and supporting documents online. The application deadline is 15 November 2021.
We advise that you visit the Fellowship Official Website for your application and more information about the AAUW International Fellowship for Women in USA: https://www.aauw.org/resources/programs/fellowships-grants/current-opportunities/international/